Leo Tolstoy in Moscow
- Стоимость: from 6 450 ₽ / person
- Количество человек: up to 6 people
- Время: 5 hours
The length of the tour - 5 hours
The great Russian writer Leo Tolstoy loved Moscow very much, he often came here and sangof this city in many of his literary works. In the 80s of the XIX century Tolstoy wrote about that period of his life: “Moscow life has given me a lot, clarified my activities to me.” Here he passed his adolescence and youth, here he fell in love and drank, gambled away afair amount of money, here he conceived and embodied about 100 of his works, which brought him fame as a classic of the world literature.
During the pedestrian tour you will hear interesting facts about the stay of Leo Tolstoy and his family in Moscow, visit the places where he visited, lived and worked, and also see the old manor houses and mansions that have survived to this day, where the heroes of the novel “War and peace" lived.
The first acquaintance of the future writer with Moscow took place in the famous Plyushchikha Street, stretching between the Garden Ring Road and the Moskow River, where little Leo Tolstoy and his family arrived from Yasnaya Polyana. Later he would visit the first capital citynot yet once and firmly committed his life and work with it.
A tour of the Moscow addresses of Leo Tolstoy allows you to imagine the writer’s lifestyle and his inner circle in the second half of the 19th century as well as to trace his career from the first steps in literary to truly epic works that made the writer famous all over the world. The Moscow period was very productive.Particularlyhere Tolstoy wrote the novel “Resurrection” and also worked on religious, philosophical, social topics andarticles, which led to his excommunication, despite the fact Tolstoy sincerely considered himself a Christian.
What you will see on the tour:
- You will walk along the old streets near Arbat where the writer liked to walk. You will see magnificent mansions where his relatives and friends lived, loved and died, and later - the heroes he created
- You will see the house where the old prince offended Natasha Rostovsincerely wanting to make friends with the father and sister of her fiancé Andrei Bolkonsky
- You will visit the mansion where Princess Mary visited Nikolai Rostov after the war
- Besides you can appreciate, perhaps, the most frivolous sculptural image of the great writer, which due to excessive eroticism was personally rejected by Ivan Tsvetaev, director of the Museum of Fine Arts on Volkhonka at that period, father of Marina and Anastasia Tsvetaeva.
You will visit:
The estate in Khamovniki, where Tolstoy family lived from October 1882 to May 1901. The last time the writer visited the estate was in September 1909, a year before his death. In the Khamovniki house the writer created about a hundred works, including the novel “Resurrection”, the novel "The Death of Ivan Ilyich", "The Kreutzer Sonata","Father Sergius".
A tour of the memorial house allows you to imagine the lifestyle of the Tolstoy family in the 80-90s of the XIX century, as well as to understand the main directions of the creative thought of the writer. It was a productive period during that Lev Tolstoy worked on religious and philosophical treatises, articles on social topics, dramatic works. One of the many works of art written in Moscow was the world famous novel Resurrection.
The tour program includes:
- Moscow tour "Tolstoy Addresses"
- Excursion in the museum-estate of Tolstoy in Khamovniki.
|Number of people in the group:||Cost per person in the group:|
|1 pax||18 600 ₽|
|2 pax||11 150 ₽|
|3 pax||8 650 ₽|
|4 pax||7 400 ₽|
|5 pax||6 650 ₽|
|6 pax||6 450 ₽|